Thursday, August 5, 2010
Happy Birthday to My Little Ones
Can you believe it? THEY ARE TWO! I remember it like it was yesterday that my doctor walked into the room and said are you ready to have some babies? What a loaded question. Of course I was ready. All the things in my life were so well orchestrated. I would just have two babies, and move on with life. Boy, was that any understatement! My life has never been the same, but I would not change a thing...So as I look back on two years with twins, here are some lessons I have learned...
1. Twins have unspoken rules like "You run that way and I will go this way! She cannot catch us both."
2. Pooping in the pool is a good time to a 2 year old.
3. My daughter could qualify for major league baseball if they used blueberries as a ball.
4. My son can find a way to get to every light switch in my house, even if he has to move his small table as the climbing object.
5. Babies are hard. No matter if you have 1, 2, or 10. Once I looked at my hubby and said "This would be so much easier with one." He looked back at me and said "A triplet mom would say the same about two." That changed my perspective on two babies.
6. Twin mommies are the best friends a girl can have. I am so blessed to be a part of such a special group of women.
7. I have never loved someone or something so much in my life. I know what it means to put your life before someone else's now.
So, happy birthday my little friends. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you can imagine!